Dallas, DFW, Houston Texas Theft Defense Lawyers
Protecting People Charged with Misdemeanors, including Theft
The consequences of a conviction for a misdemeanor can be serious. In addition to fines, penalties and the possibility of jail time, a misdemeanor conviction can show up during a background check, hampering employment opportunities.
You want experienced and aggressive legal representation if you are under investigation for petty theft or any other misdemeanor. You want an attorney with a comprehensive understanding of the law and legal process and who has protected the rights of others in similar situations.
At Bailey & Galyen, we have been protecting the rights of people throughout Denton County for more than 25 years. We firmly believe that an effective attorney-client relationship must be built on trust and communication. We are dedicated to providing honest and straightforward legal counsel, always keeping you up-to-date on any developments in your case, good or bad. We won’t handle your case the same way we handle any other case, but will take the time to listen carefully to your needs and concerns so that we can tailor our representation to get the results you seek.
Texas Theft Defense Lawyers
In Texas, misdemeanors fall into one of three categories:
• Class C misdemeanors, prosecuted in municipal courts, generally involving fines
• Class B misdemeanors, prosecuted in county courts, which can carry fines up to $2,000 and sentences of up to 180 days in the county jail
• Class A misdemeanors, also prosecuted in the county courts, carrying fines up to $4,000 and the possibility of up to a year in jail.
With all misdemeanors, you may be eligible for deferred adjudication (no conviction upon completion of court-ordered action) or regular probation.
We aggressively defend people charged with any type of misdemeanor, including
• theft offenses , such as petty larceny, shoplifting or burglary of a vehicle
• criminal trespass or criminal mischief, including graffiti
• assault or terrorism-based threats
• DWI (although penalties increase for subsequent misdemeanor DWI charges)
• sex offenses, such as offensive touching or indecent exposure
• some drug crimes, including misdemeanor possession
Contact the Criminal Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen
For a confidential consultation, contact us by e-mail or call our office at <span class=”mm-phone-number”>800-402-3900</span>. We have offices conveniently located in D/FW, Houston and throughout the state of Texas.