Robert J. Blankenship
- Family Law Attorney
Robert Blankenship has been licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas since receiving his degree in law from Texas Wesleyan University in 1995. A Big Spring native, Robert’s family moved to Weatherford after his father died. Robert is licensed to practice law in the Federal Northern District of Texas, and The Federal Eastern District of Texas.
Before joining Bailey & Galyen, Robert worked at the Office of the Attorney General of Texas where he was recognized as the Assistant Attorney General of the Year for 2010. While in law school he was Order of the Barristers and was awarded the Scholarship Key.
Robert has been practicing since 1995. "I am dedicated to helping individuals in their time of need. Often family law matters intersect with financial disputes, tax controversies, or bankruptcy. No matter what, it is often the most stressful time of their life. Additionally if there are children involved the parties will have to deal with each other for the rest of their lives. I strive to help them get through this time in the least traumatic way possible."
Mediation and collaboration are useful in settling family law disputes. However, not every case is appropriate for alternative dispute resolution. Some cases will ultimately end up in the courtroom. Whether a case is settled using alternative dispute resolution or in the courtroom, I believe the best way to reach a good outcome is to be prepared for trial.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1995
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Juris Doctorate - 05/1995
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: Scholarship Key
- The University of Texas, Arlington, Texas
- Major: Business Administration
- Advanced Family Law on a Shoestring – Bankruptcy and Family Law, 2016, Speaker, 2016 to 2016
- Statewide Assistant Attorney General Convention – Difficult Cases, 2010, Speaker, 2010 to 2010
- Brown Bag Seminars Series – The Perfect Storm; The Intersection of Bankruptcy and FamilyLaw, 2010, Speaker, 2010 to 2010
- Statewide Assistant Attorney General Convention – To Enforce or Not to Enforce; Bankruptcy in the Child Support Case, Speaker, 2009 to 2009
Honors and Awards
- Client's Choice Award, AVVO.com, 2015
- Top Lawyers, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2014
- Assistant Attorney General of the Year, Attorney General of Texas, 2010
- Scholarship Key, Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eldon B. Mahon American Inn of Court, Master, 2012 to Present
- Texas Family Foundation, Life Fellow, 2011 to Present
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow, 2010 to Present
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member, 1995 to Present
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2009 to Present
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, 2009 to Present
- State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law Section, 2007 to Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 1995 to Present
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 1995 to Present
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.
- Sep 03 – Recent Changes To Insurance Subrogation Rights
- Sep 03 – New Start
- Aug 18 – Qualifications for an H-2B visa
- Jul 15 – U Visas (aka U non-immigrant status)
- Jul 09 – YOU STAND FOR US; WE STAND FOR YOU.