R. Keith Spencer
- Co-Chair of the Family Law Department
Keith Spencer is the Executive Vice President of Bailey & Galyen and head of its Family Law Department. Since 2006, Keith has been Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certification is a mark of excellence and distinguished accomplishment attained by fewer than 8% of Texas attorneys. It indicates that Keith has substantial experience and proven competence in family law cases.
Keith has practiced family law in Tarrant County for more than 30 years. In his divorce practice, he handles cases that involve complex issues relating to the division of property. He also is a certified mediator qualified to assist in the resolution of family law matters involving children, and he is experienced in the defense of Child Protective Services investigations. Keith also is trained in collaborative law.
As a litigator, Keith has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts and has extensive experience handling appeals. Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts, Keith also is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, as well as before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Federal Circuits and the United States Supreme Court.
Keith received his J.D. from SMU Dedman School of Law and holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in communications from the University of North Texas. He was admitted to the Texas Bar in 1987. Keith founded the AV-rated Fort Worth firm of Spencer, Greene, Cox & Warren and subsequently joined Bailey & Galyen in 2002. He is a long-standing member of the Tarrant County Bar Association and serves on the Board of Directors of the Tarrant County Family Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Collaborative Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2006
- Texas, 1987
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1987
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1992
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1986
- University of North Texas
- Major: Communications
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- B.A. - 1982
- Major: Communications
Honors and Awards
- Orgain, Bell & Tucker Award
- Geary, Stahl & Spencer Mock Trial Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Family Bar, Member
- Texas State Bar Association, Family Law Sections, Member
- Texas State Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.
- Sep 03 – Recent Changes To Insurance Subrogation Rights
- Sep 03 – New Start
- Aug 18 – Qualifications for an H-2B visa
- Jul 15 – U Visas (aka U non-immigrant status)
- Jul 09 – YOU STAND FOR US; WE STAND FOR YOU.