Paul F. Wieneskie
Paul F. Wieneskie brings over three decades of practice experience to Bailey & Galyen, with a focus on civil appellate work, municipal law (representing cities or private citizens), economic development issues, and land use and planning. He is board-certified in civil appellate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, an honor accorded to only one in every ten lawyers in the state of Texas. He is also AV-rated by his colleagues in the legal profession under Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System®*.
A native of Commerce and Temple, Texas, Paul earned his bachelor's degree from Baylor University in 1980, and his Juris Doctor from the Law School at Baylor in 1982. After being admitted to the Texas bar later that year, he went to work for the Twelfth Court of Appeals in Tyler, Texas, serving as briefing attorney for the Honorable Connally McKay. A year later, he joined the partnership of Cribbs & McFarland, in Arlington, where he became a partner. During his tenure at Cribbs & McFarland, he served as the Associate City Attorney for Euless, Texas, as well as the City Attorney for Richland Hills from 1987 until 1999. He left Cribbs & McFarland in 2006 to open his own practice.
Paul has long been an active member of various professional organizations, serving as a director of the Arlington Bar Association, as well as its president (1993-94). He is also a member of the Appellate Law sections of the Tarrant County Bar Association, and the State Bar of Texas.
Paul has extensive experience handling all matters related to civil appeals, and has successfully represented clients in appellate cases involving real estate law, family law and divorce, and personal injury claims, as well as business or fiduciary (estate and probate) cases. Though he is admitted to the federal bar, he focuses his appellate practice in the state courts.
Attorney Wieneskie also advises parties in municipal law matters. He has advocated for developers and property owners seeking rezoning or land use variances, and has protected the rights of citizens facing legal action for all types of alleged code violations, including building, housing, fire and safety code infringement. He has provided counsel to cities and other municipalities, addressing a diverse range of issues, including:
- Charter review commissions;
- The drafting, codification or re-codification of ordinances;
- The negotiation, review and preparation of contracts;
- Public Information Act (PIA) requests (formerly known as "open records" requests);
- Litigation involving municipalities.
At Bailey & Galyen, attorney Wieneskie provides a broad range of legal services, from civil appellate representation to land use to local government to economic development. He also handles probate and estate matters.
Areas Of Practice
- Appellate Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1994
- Texas, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2013
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 1982
- Baylor University
- B.A. - 1980
- Zisblatt v. Zisblatt, 693 S.W.2d 944, 1991, Tex.App.-Fort Worth
- Kubinsky v. Van Zandt Realtors, 811 S.W.2d 711, 1991, Tex.App.-Fort Worth
- Faulkner v. Bost, 137 S.W.3d 254, 2004, Tex.App.-Tyler
- Smith V. Shofner Auto Repair, Inc, S.W.3d, 2009 WL 975999, 2009, Tex.App.-Fort Worth
- The UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS M.D. Anderson Cancer Center v. Baker, et al, 401 S.W.3d 246 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2012, pet. denied), 2013
- In re Estate of Abernethy, 390 S.W.3d 431 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2012, no pet.), 2012
Honors and Awards
- Peer Review Rating – AV ® Preeminent ™ 5.0 out of 5
- Top Attorney 2019, 360 West Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arlington Bar, Director, 1989 to 1992
- Arlington Bar, President-Elect, 1992 to 1993
- Arlington Bar, President, 1993 to 1994
Past Employment Positions
- Briefing Attorney, Hon. Connally McKay, Justice, Twelfth Court of Appeals, Tyler, Texas, 1982 to 1983
- Former Member, Cribbs & McFarland in Arlington, Texas, 1983 to 2006
- Former City Attorney, City of Richland Hills, Texas, 1987 to 1999
- Former Associate City Attorney, City of Euless, Texas
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.