- Business & Civil Litigation Attorney
A Fort Worth, Texas native, Leslie obtained her undergraduate degree from University of North Texas, where she studied Business Management, earned an "Outstanding Student" Award, and participated in the Professional Leadership Program. Leslie graduated Cum Laude in May of 2000.
Leslie attended law school at Texas Wesleyan School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas (now called Texas A&M School of Law). She received academic scholarships and won an award for best appellate brief in a moot court competition. Leslie continuously achieved recognition on the Dean's list and graduated in the top 12% of her class.
In 2007, Leslie started her own law practice, focusing on litigation, family law, and small business matters. Leslie has provided legal services to a wide variety of businesses including many non-profit organizations such as churches, sports leagues, and charities. She currently serves as general counsel to a local charity, The J Way Foundation.
The common theme in Ms. Burgoyne's career is competence and diligence in representation of her client's complex legal matters. Ms. Burgoyne has handled all types of civil cases, from small claims court, to federal court, and everything in between. Ms. Burgoyne strives to ensure that each client receives the individual attention that he or she deserves.
Leslie was selected as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine continuously from 2015 to 2019. In 2018, Leslie was awarded recognition as "Texas' Outstanding Young Lawyers" by Texas Monthly Magazine. And recently, Leslie received recognition as one of the 2019 "Top Female Attorneys" by Texas Monthly Magazine.
Leslie joined Bailey & Galyen in 2014, in the Fort Worth office on Summit Avenue.
In her spare time, Leslie volunteers for the Miracle League of DFW, a nonprofit dedicated to assisting special needs children and young adults enjoy baseball. Leslie has two children, one with special needs. The youngest of five daughters, Ms. Burgoyne has a very large family with many nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. Balancing a healthy work-life balance is important to her.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation 80%
- Contracts/Business Transactions 10%
- Non-Profit Organizations 5%
- Family Law 5%
- Texas, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2009
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- Honors: Received Academic Scholarships
- Honors: Best Appellate Brief in a Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Top 12% of her Class
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- B.B.A. - 05/2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: "Outstanding Student" Award
- Major: Business Management
Honors and Awards
- "Texas' Outstanding Young Lawyers" by Texas Monthly Magazine
Past Employment Position
- Law Office of Leslie J. Burgoyne, Sole Practitioner, 2007 to 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Dallas Derby Devils, 2010 to Present
- The J Way Foundation
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.