Kayla is a proud Aggie lawyer practicing family law and criminal defense out of Bailey & Galyen's Weatherford office. Before attending Texas A&M School of Law in Fort Worth, Kayla attended Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. There she received her B.A. in Anthropology and Hispanic Studies with a concentration in Socio-Cultural and Linguistic Anthropology.
Kayla accepts criminal cases of all types ranging from class C misdemeanors to first degree felonies. She practices criminal defense in Parker, Wise, Hood, Palo Pinto, Johnson, Denton, Tarrant and Somervell County.
Kayla is aggressive in seeking alternate resolutions to cases to help keep her clients out of jail. As a Christian attorney with a heart for helping kids get back on the right track, Kayla particularly enjoys practicing juvenile defense. Kayla practices family law in Parker, Wise, Hood, Tarrant, and Palo Pinto County. Her family law practice includes divorce, child custody, enforcements, modifications, name changes, and adoptions. Kayla is compassionate and understanding towards her clients, but is aggressive in resolving the case.
Kayla particularly enjoys divorce cases involving complex property issues, especially when she is able to use her knowledge of equine and ranch assets to assist her clients. Kayla is a dedicated dressage rider and equine enthusiast. She competed at the 2006 USDF Region 9 Dressage Championships and 2006 Southwest Dressage Championship. Additionally, she taught horseback riding at a summer camp during her undergraduate studies and also drove horse-drawn carriages in downtown Fort Worth throughout law school in addition to her legal Internships.
Kayla is an active member of her community, serving on the Board of Stewards at her church and co-leading the Young Professionals Group at First United Methodist Church Fort Worth. She also attends East Parker County Chamber of Commerce luncheon meetings as well as Women's Business Alliance Meetings in Willow Park.
- Texas, 2017
- Texas A&M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 2017
- Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2014
- Major: Hispanic Studies and Anthropology
- Minor: Socio-Cultural and Linguistic Anthropology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Texas Aggie Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Stewards
- Young Professionals Group at First United Methodist Church Fort Worth
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.
- Sep 03 – Recent Changes To Insurance Subrogation Rights
- Sep 03 – New Start
- Aug 18 – Qualifications for an H-2B visa
- Jul 15 – U Visas (aka U non-immigrant status)
- Jul 09 – YOU STAND FOR US; WE STAND FOR YOU.