- Co-Chair of the Family Law Department
Gene A. Leposki is a partner with Orsinger, Nelson, Downing and Anderson, LLP. He is not only a dedicated lawyer but also a family man and community leader. Gene understands the importance, time, and responsibilities of raising a family in his North Dallas community. Married for 22 years, he and his wife, Sharon, are raising two children who attend Brentfield Elementary. Gene is also the head coach of the Pirates in the North Texas Little League.
Gene has been practicing law for 23 years, is licensed in Texas, California and Pennsylvania, and is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (as are all of Orsinger Nelson's partners). Gene has vast experience fighting for his clients in custody litigation, property division litigation, divorce, mediation, examination of complex financial documents, valuing and dividing business entities and interests, real estate division, mineral rights, partition agreements, and with the myriad of other issues that surface in Family Law.
Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Gene operated his own law firm for almost ten years following his honorable discharge from the United States Navy. The majority of his private practice concentrated on family law matters. However, Gene often litigated and gained great experience in the areas of bankruptcy, immigration, business law and general civil litigation. While Gene was in the U.S. Navy as a member of the Judge Advocate General's Corps, in addition to his legal work and duties as an officer, he routinely assisted clients in navigating the intersection of the military and civilian justice systems, advocated for military personnel facing family law concerns, including divorce, child support and custody. He often held weekly seminars to the civilian dependents of military members, explaining to them California family law, federal law and their rights and duties there under. While with Orsinger Nelson, Gene spoke at the 2009 State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting in Dallas about the recent family law decisions and wrote a paper in support of his presentation.
Gene is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. Military Court of Appeals, as well as all other U.S. military courts. He is a 1991 graduate of the Duquesne University School of Law, and graduated Naval Justice School in 1992. He earned his Bachelor's Degree in economics from Washington & Jefferson College in 1988.
From the routine divorce to the most complex, Gene and Orsinger Nelson utilize a team approach that calls on the lawyers’ almost 300 years of combined experience and vast knowledge of Family Law. No case is too complex for Orsinger Nelson, which offers a team of hands-on lawyers providing exceptional legal services. The recognition of peers and clients indicates Gene and Orsinger Nelson are doing something right.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2012
- Texas, 2005
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1996
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1991
- Naval Justice School, Newport, Rhode Island
- Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1988
- Major: Economics and Psychology
- 2009 Family Case Law Update, State Bar Seminar, June, 2009
- Making Summary Judgment Relevant Again, (Co-Author), Advanced Family Law Course, August, 2007
- Property Puzzles: Characterization, Tracing, 25 Rules and More, (Co-Author), Advanced Family Law Course, August, 2005
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Navy National Defense Service Medal
- U.S. Navy and Marine Commendation Medal for Duties performed at Naval Submarine Base Point Loma
- U.S. Navy Commendation Medal for Service as Legal Assistance Attorney
- U.S. Navy Achievement Medal for Service as Staff Judge Advocate
- U.S. Navy Achievement Medal for Service at Naval Legal Service Office
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.