- Managing Attorney, Tax Department
Mr. Jordan was admitted to the bar in Oklahoma in 1971 and to the Texas Bar in 1984. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of New Mexico in 1965, his law degree from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 1971 and his Masters in Tax Law from Southern Methodist University in 1979.
Mr. Jordan was employed by the Office of Chief Counsel for the Internal Revenue Service for 25 years where he served in the position of a trial attorney in the United States Tax Court; Assistant District Counsel (Dallas); Deputy Regional Counsel Tax Litigation for the IRS Southwest Region (Dallas); Regional Counsel for the IRS Southwest Region (Dallas); Deputy Chief Counsel for the IRS (Washington, D. C.); Acting Chief Counsel for the IRS (Washington, D. C.). Mr. Jordan has received numerous national awards, including two Presidential Awards under former President George H. W. Bush; three IRS Commissioner Awards; two IRS Chief Counsel Awards; and the U. S. Treasury General Counsel Award.
In addition to being admitted to practice in Oklahoma and Texas, Mr. Jordan is a member of the bar of the United States Supreme Court, United States Tax Court, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Mr. Jordan is located at the Bedford Office, where he is Managing Attorney of the Tax Department.
Areas Of Practice
- Taxation Law
- Oklahoma, 1971
- Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Masters in Tax Law - 1979
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- University of New Mexico
Honors and Awards
- Two Presidential Awards, President George H. W. Bush
- Three IRS Commissioner Awards
- Two IRS Chief Counsel Awards
- U.S. Treasury General Counsel Award
Past Employment Positions
- Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Trial Attorney, United States Tax Court
- Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Assistant District Counsel, Dallas
- Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Deputy Regional Counsel, Tax Litigation, IRS Southwest Region, Dallas
- Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Regional Counsel, IRS Southwest Region, Dallas
- Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Deputy Chief Counsel, Washington, D.C.
- Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Acting Chief Counsel
- Ernst & Young, National Director, IRS Practice & Procedure
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.