- Family Law Attorney
Daniel Bohmer is a lifelong resident of Mesquite, Texas. He attended undergraduate at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems in 2000 with cum laude honors. He attended law school at Southern Methodist University where he earned his Juris Doctorate in 2003. During law school Daniel served as Chief Counsel for the SMU Criminal Clinic and the Director of Public Service for the Board of Advocates. While at SMU, Daniel was the only student to his year to have two criminal jury trials in the same year while serving as a student attorney in the SMU Criminal Clinic.
Before joining Bailey & Galyen, Daniel practiced public school law and governmental law. He represented some of the fastest growing school districts in the State of Texas, and in the United States. Within the scope of public school and governmental law, his areas of practice included real estate transactions, business and commercial transactions, trial and appellate practice, personnel and employment matters and construction law. Daniel worked on a variety of noteworthy appeals including Lewisville Independent Sch. v. Ch Townhomes, 346 S.W.3d 21 (Tex. App. 2011) which upheld governmental for school districts immunity under the Texas Tax Code.
Daniel focused his practice on family law in 2014. He believes that every family law matter should be handled with care, sensitivity, and a clear understanding of the law. He prides himself on providing efficient, effective counsel on each and every case.
- Family Law
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2012
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Lone Star Classic Mock Trial Team, Outstanding Service Award, Director of Public Service – SMU Board of Advocates, Chief Counsel Criminal Clinic
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.B.S. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Vice President of Pre-Law Society, Class of ‘68 Endowed Scholar, Dallas A&M Club Scholar
- Major: Information Systems
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar College
- Collin County Bar Association
Learn About the Benefits of the Bailey & Galyen Credit Card
Get Our Mobile App
You can now have a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at your fingertips! The Bailey & Galyen Personal Injury Lawyer App gives you access to top rated attorneys throughout Texas including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Mesquite, Weatherford, and Grapevine.