Providing City Attorney Services in Texas
If you are an elected official for a municipality in Texas, you know that legal issues arise on a daily basis. To protect your rights and the rights of your constituents, you want an experienced municipal attorney, someone who knows the concerns you face, who is well-versed in the laws governing cities and other municipalities, who has successfully advised other cities, towns and similar bodies on the legal matters you face.
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have the skill, knowledge, experience and resources to meet your needs. Attorney Paul F. Wieneskie has been in practice for almost 30 years, and has served as City Attorney for other Texas municipalities, including the cities of Euless and Richland Hills. We are intimately familiar with the potential legal issues facing cities in Texas, and can help you take proactive measures to minimize your risk and protect the interests of your city.
To arrange a meeting with a Texas municipal law attorney, contact our offices or call us toll free at 844-402-3900.
Protecting the Rights of Cities in Texas
We offer full-service representation to cities in Texas, handling matters involving:
- The negotiation, review and preparation of all types of municipal contracts, such as procurement contracts, economic development agreements, employment contracts, and contracts for the sale or lease of real property
- The review, enactment and re-codification (if necessary) of all municipal ordinances
- The duties of cities in Public Information Act (PIA) requests (formerly known as "open records" requests), agenda postings for open meetings compliance
- Election orders and notices
- Review and amendment of home-rule charters
- Municipal court prosecution, including code enforcement issues
- Pre-clearance submissions to the U.S. Department of Justice
- Annexation issues
Contact a Texas Municipal City Attorney
To learn about the services we can provide to your city government, contact us or call our office at 844-402-3900 to set up a consultation. You can leave a message by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. Se habla español.
We provide services to municipalities throughout Texas, from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area to Houston, Arlington, Bedford, Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Plano, and Weatherford.