Martin Miller has been Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Criminal Law since 1993. That Board Certification mark of excellence and distinguished accomplishment that Martin has enjoyed is attained by only one in ten Texas attorneys, and indicates that Martin has substantial, relevant experience and has demonstrated the same in criminal law cases.
Admitted to the Texas bar in 1987, Martin began his legal career at the Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office as an Assistant Criminal District Attorney. He prosecuted cases ranging from the simplest misdemeanors to capital murder cases. He has had more than 150 jury trials as lead counsel and participated in more than 200 jury trials as second chair. He held several supervisor positions including Chief of a misdemeanor court, Chief of a felony court, Chief of the Family Violence Division, and Chief of the Gang Unit. He was also assigned to the Child Abuse Unit and the Organized Crime Division prosecuting drug cases.
After nearly twelve years of prosecuting cases for the State of Texas, Martin left the District Attorney's Office, went into private practice, and began representing those who have been accused of committing a crime. From March of 1999 to May of 2002, he practiced as a criminal defense attorney in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. He handled all types of felony and misdemeanor cases. Martin joined the law firm of Bailey & Galyen in May of 2002 as the Managing Attorney of the Tarrant County Criminal Law Department. He supervises the staff and handles a full criminal docket.
Martin received his undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice at Southern Methodist University, earned his law degree from the Baylor University and also a Master of Business Administration degree at Texas Tech University. He is a member of several associations including the State Bar of Texas, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, College of the State Bar, the Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Tarrant County Bar Association.
Martin specializes in criminal defense law and has been Board Certified in Criminal Law since 1993. He is located at the Bedford office in the Criminal Law department.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified By the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Criminal Law, 1993
- Texas, 1987
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- Texas Tech University
- Southern Methodist University
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- College of the State Bar, Member
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Assistant Criminal District Attorney
- Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Chief Prosecutor, Misdemeanor Court
- Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Chief Prosecutor, Felony Court
- Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Chief, Family Violence Division
- Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Chief, Gang Unit
- Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Child Abuse Unit
- Dallas County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Organized Crime Division
- Criminal Defense Attorney, 1999 - 2002